Elite-Pi is an RP2040-based microcontroller. It shares a footprint with the popular Pro Micro controller, so it will work with PCBs set up for that layout.
- Fully compatible with popular Pro Micro-based PCBs
- RP2040 microcontroller (Based on Raspberry Pi Pico)
- 16Mbit Flash Memory
- Up to 25 I/O pins available
- Low profile mid-mount USB-C port
- USB D+/D- accessible via pads
- On-board boot and run/reset buttons
- 1.6mm thick PCB
- Includes two 12-pin headers and one 5-pin header
- Firmware Support: QMK, KMK, CircuitPython
Why use the Elite-Pi?
The Elite-Pi offers some real advantages over Pro-Micros and other ATmega32U4 controllers:
- Lots of memory: When using Pro-Micros, it's often necessary to omit desirable features (like additonal lighting or audio effects) from the firmware because the boards simply don't have enough memory to support everything at once. Elite-PI has far more memory available, so you can load up your firmware with all the bells and whistles!
- Lower Cost: The RP2040 microcontroller costs less than the ATmega32u4, it can be offered at a lower price point than the Elite-C.
- Easy Flashing: No need for QMK Toolbox... just copy your complied .uf2 file directly to the Elite-Pi!
Keebio has a detailed usage guide here: Elite-Pi Usage Guide. We definitely recommend reading it in detalil.
Please note that on split keyboards, the Elite-Pi cannot be paired with a Pro-Micro or other ATmega32U4 controller. You must use an RP2040-based controller on both halves.